Critical Care Paramedic
Florida Hospital - Orlando, Florida
- Application Deadline:
Florida Hospital seeks to hire a Critical Care Paramedic who will embrace our mission to extend the healing ministry of Christ.
Full Time: 3 12-Hour Shifts, 6:00pm – 6:00am
Under general supervision the Critical Care Paramedic is a professional team member who is responsible for providing direct and indirect patient care. The Critical Care Paramedic shall provide basic, advanced and critical care life support for all ages, utilizing protocols and on line medical control. Working as a team member the critical care paramedic shall assess and provide patient care as per department protocols. The Critical Care Paramedic works in conjunction with the Registered Nurse (RN) delivering patient care. Adheres to the Florida Hospital Corporate Compliance Plan and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies and accrediting bodies. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital, 1,107-bed Florida Hospital Orlando, serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South America. Florida Hospital Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the country. We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and 125,000 outpatients each year.
The EMS department is a hospital-based State of Florida approved ambulance provider. EMS provides intra-facility emergent and non-emergent transport for the patients of Florida Hospital’s seven campuses within a 2800 square mile tri-county area. The EMS’ department operates critical care, advance and basic life support, and specialty transport ambulances. EMS mission is to extend the healing ministry of Christ ensuring continuity of patient care by providing the highest level of care to patients requiring medical transport within the Florida Hospital system.
Knowledge, Skills, Education, & Experience Required:
- One year of Advanced Life Support transport experience
- Basic computer skills
- Associates of Science (AS) or Bachelor of Science (BS) in health-related field (Preferred)
- Five years Advanced Life Support transport experience (Preferred)
- One year of critical care transport experience (Preferred)
Licensure, Certification, or Registration Required:
- Current Paramedic license with State of Florida, Department of Health
- Critical Care Paramedic certification (CCEMT-P, CICP, UF CCP, Vanderbilt CCP, Creighton University CCP, or TCC CCT for EMS)
- Commercial Emergency Vehicle Operator (CEVO) or Emergency Vehicle Operations Course (EVOC)
- Active Class E Florida Driver’s License, or Commercial Driver’s License (CDL), and driving record in accordance with FH policy.
- Basic life support (BLS) for Healthcare Provider
- Advanced cardiovascular life support (ACLS)
- Pediatric advanced life support (PALS)
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program certification (NRP)
- Instructor status of one AHA certification ACLS or PALS (Preferred
How to Apply