ProTransport-1 - Modesto, California
- Application Deadline:
ProTransport-1 is hiring Paramedics!
** Sign-On Bonus Up to $5,000 **
ProTransport-1 is the premier provider of comprehensive medical transport services in the San Francisco Bay area, Central Valley and Sacramento areas. With a customer-friendly vision and cutting-edge technological solutions, we are one of the “Fastest Growing Private Companies in America,” according to INC. Magazine. Founded on the principles of “Professional, Courteous, and On-Time” mobile care, ProTransport-1 has the best interests of customers in mind every time. Based in Cotati with sites across Northern California, ProTransport-1 has openings for Paramedics who want to be actively involved with a growing company.
What You’ll do as a Paramedic:
- Respond to BLS and ALS inter-facility transports, scene calls and 9-1-1 in some counties
- Assess and monitor the condition of ill and/or injured patients
- Provide basic and advanced life support, including comprehensive patient assessment, invasive airway management, cardiac monitoring and administration of medications
- Provide an immediate course of treatment en route to hospital or receiving facility
- Assess whether and how to move patients and when appropriate, the most appropriate destination
- Liaison with members of other facilities, such as police, fire, hospitals, senior living facilities and other ambulance services to ensure the appropriate level of response is provided
- Interact with members of the general public as well as family members present at the scene
- Clean, decontaminate and check vehicles and equipment to maintain a state of operational readiness
- Assist with patient care in hospitals or health care centers
- Produce thorough patient care reports including the patient’s history, condition, and treatment
What it Takes to be Successful in this Role:
- Be confident and accept the challenge and high degree of responsibility entailed in this position
- Excellent clinical judgment and critical thinking skills
- Possess analytical skills and the capability of applying them effectively in stressful situations
- Ability to prioritize decisions and act quickly in the best interest of the patient
- Ability to act independently in a constantly changing environment
- Maintain composure while working in stressful situations
- Capable of adapting to situations that may contain violence and emotional instability in a multicultural setting
Apply at: https://protransport-1.candidatecare.jobs/job_positions/browse
- Successfully pass a background investigation and pre-employment physical including drug and alcohol testing
- Must have a clean DMV record
- Must be 18 years old
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Bilingual is a plus
- Must demonstrate a compassionate attitude towards all customers, their friends and family, and your coworkers
- Must maintain current industry standards through continuing education
- Must have the following certifications:
- CPR (Instructor-based with AED)
- California Paramedic Card, current
- Medical Examiner’s Card (DL-51)
- California Driver License
- California Ambulance Driver License
- County Accreditation Card preferred but not required
- PALS or PEPP
- ITLS or PHTLS
- ICS100.a or ICS100.b
- ICS200.a or ICS200.b
- Must be able to perform the following tasks:
- Walk - frequently, up to 10 hours per day.
- Run - infrequently, 1-2 minutes per day.
- Stand - frequently, up to 10 hours per day.
- Sit - frequently, up to 8 hours per day.
- Kneel - frequently, 10-15 times per day.
- Bend - frequently, 10-15 times per day.
- Must be able to lift, push, pull, carry 250 Lbs. infrequently (1-3 times per shift)
- Must be able to lift, push, pull, carry 150 Lbs. frequently (5-10 times per shift)
- Must have ability to step up and/ or climb over obstacles
- Must be able to climb stairs while carrying up to 150 Lbs.
- Must have adequate hearing acuity to perform job tasks (as delineated in California DMV DL51 medical examination requirements)
- Must have adequate vision (with corrective lenses if needed) to clearly distinguish colors, shapes, distances, etc. (as delineated in California DMV DL51 medical examination requirements)
- Must have adequate hand and finger dexterity to grip and hold both large and small items
- Must have adequate hand and arm strength to grip and lift heavy objects
- Must be able to tolerate work in an outdoor environment (heat, cold, rain, etc.)
Pay and Benefits:
- Medical, Dental, and Vistion for Full-Time
- 401(k) Retirement plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Voluntary Benefits: Vision and Lincoln
- Earned Time Off
- Holiday pay
- Age: 18