Emergency Medical Technician - Basic
ProTransport-1 - Bay Area, California
- Application Deadline:
ProTransport-1 is hiring EMT’s!
ProTransport-1 is a leading provider of patient logistics services to hospital systems. Headquartered in Northern California, ProTransport-1 partners with top healthcare systems throughout the Bay Area, Sacramento and the Central Valley to offer a diverse range of comprehensive, trendsetting services. The company features associated brands from coast to coast and has been named to the Inc. 5000 five years running as one of the fastest-growing private companies in America.
ProTransport-1 is looking to bring on qualified EMTs who are ready to make a difference in the lives of our customers. If you are looking for a career in EMS, ProTransport-1 is a great place to call home!
What you’ll do as an EMT:
- Provide patient care
- Communicate proficiently and effectively with hospital staff and co-workers
- Present yourself in a professional, courteous and punctual way
- Responsible for other related duties deemed necessary to meet the needs of the Company
- Responsible for cleaning and operating ambulance equipment
What it takes to be successful in this role:
- Be confident and accept the challenge and high degree of responsibility entailed in this position
- Excellent clinical judgment and critical thinking skills
- Possess analytical skills and the capability of applying them effectively in stressful situations
- Ability to prioritize decisions and act quickly in the best interest of the patient
- Ability to act independently in a constantly changing environment
- Maintain composure while working in stressful situations
- Capable of adapting to situations that may contain violence and emotional instability in a multicultural setting
Apply at: https://protransport-1.candidatecare.jobs/job_positions/browse
Requirements of an EMT:
- Must demonstrate a compassionate attitude towards all customers and family members
- Must maintain current EMT licensure in the following:
- CPR- BLS Provider Level
- California State EMT Card
- Ambulance Driver’s License
- DL 51
- Must portray a positive Company image and attitude to personnel
- Must be current in state and federally mandated training
- Must maintain current industry standards through continuing education
- Must be 18 years of age
- Must be able to communicate and understand English verbally and written
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment physical and drug screen
- Must be able to provide a current PPD test results
- Must have completed all mandatory training including mandatory testing
Physical Requirements of an EMT:
- Must be able to perform the following tasks:
- Walk - frequently, up to 4 hours per day.
- Run - infrequently, 1-2 minutes per day.
- Stand - frequently, up to 2 hours per day.
- Sit - frequently, up to 8 hours per day.
- Kneel - frequently, 10-15 times per day.
- Bend - frequently, 10-15 times per day.
- Must be able to lift, push, pull, carry 250 Lbs. infrequently (1-3 times per shift)
- Must be able to lift, push, pull, carry 150 Lbs. frequently (5-10 times per shift)
- Must have ability to step up and/ or climb over obstacles
- Must be able to climb stairs while carrying up to 150 Lbs.
- Must have adequate hearing acuity to perform job tasks (as delineated in California DMV DL51 medical examination requirements)
- Must have adequate vision (with corrective lenses if needed) to clearly distinguish colors, shapes, distances, etc. (as delineated in California DMV DL51 medical examination requirements)
- Must have adequate hand and finger dexterity to grip and hold both large and small items
- Must have adequate hand and arm strength to grip and lift heavy objects
- Must be able to tolerate work in an outdoor environment (heat, cold, rain, etc.)
- Non-Exempt – hourly pay
- Medical and dental
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Employee assistance program
- Voluntary benefits – vision, etc.
- Holiday pay
- Paid time off
- Age: 18