Clinical Coordinator of EMS
Lamar Institute of Technology - Beaumont, Texas
- Application Deadline:
EMS Program Clinical Coordinator is a 12 month staff position. The Clinical Coordinator is responsible for the clinical aspects of the EMS Program. EMS Program Clinical Coordinator will provide the expertise and knowledge that support the institution curriculum and EMS Program. Establish courses following accepted higher education standards. Teach students using a variety of effective methodologies and provide engagement and support activities that encourage student learning. Develop and maintain Clinical/Field relationships with local hospital and local EMS Providers. Willing and able to teach day, evening, and weekend classes. Must have reliable transportation to travel to clinical sites.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Current certification as a Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS) Certified Paramedic or eligible to become a Texas DSHS EMS Instructor.
- Current certification as a Texas DSHS EMS Instructor or eligible to become a DSHS EMS Instructor. Current certification as an American Heart Association (AHA) Advanced Cardiac Life Support Instructor.
- Current certification as an AHA Pediatric Advanced Life Support Instructor.
- Three (3) years field experience with a 911 EMS agency. Note: Part-time experience will be counted as half of full-time experience.
- Two (2) years EMS Instruction, higher education experience preferred.
Lamar Institute of Technology