Orange Cross Ambulance - Sheboygan , Wisconsin
- Application Deadline:
Position: Dispatcher/Data Entry Job Status: 7:00 pm – 7:00 am Job Description: Orange Cross Ambulance Dispatcher coordinates EMS responders to emergency calls in Sheboygan County. This position will perform EMS dispatch work operating and monitoring communication equipment in response to medical emergencies. This position includes the following duties and responsibilities: Essential Duties:
- Performs EMS dispatch work to monitor and control the movement of EMS units and provides effective response to EMS emergencies using a variety of computer systems and dispatch equipment.
- Maintain records of dispatch time and unit assignment
- Maintains communications and monitors the status of mobile units for the arrival at dispatched location, ascertains seriousness and exact circumstances of the EMS emergency, notifies dispatch supervisor as warranted, and dispatches requested information or additional assistance as needed.
- Ability to communicate with persons under stress or emergency condition and render immediate service according to established procedures or instructions.
- Age: : 21
- Education: : High School Diplome
- Experience: : One year experience minimum in EMS environment
Qualifications and Skill Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required; an alternate combination of education and work experience demonstrating the skill required to perform the job will also be considered.
- One year of experience in EMS, and excellent computer and communication skills.
- Knowledge of basic EMS procedures and assignments sufficient to be able to effectively prioritize dispatch units and maintain sufficient protection within all sectors.
- Skill in utilizing a variety of computer systems and dispatching equipment.
- Ability to learn and interpret maps, learn radio and other codes, and interpret data received from multiple sources.
- Efficient and accurate ability to multi-task.
How to Apply
Please go to our website and fill out the online application located on the employment tab. Submit resume and application.