911 Telecommunicator I
Burke County Human Resources - Morganton, North Carolina
- Application Deadline:
- 28,218.96 - 43,740.12 annual
This position has a reporting relationship to the 911 Operations Manager. A Telecommunicator I, is a call take position, responsible for answering all calls for service received in the Burke County Consolidated 9-1-1 Communications Center. This person will react quickly with precision in response to all calls for service with professionalism.
Emergency Communications Telecommunicators are required to attain the following certifications: National Emergency Medical Dispatch Certification, Emergency Fire and Police Dispatch Certification, Emergency Telecommunicator Certification, NC SBI-DCI certification, and CPR certification within six (6) months of employment.
Fingerprinting, competency testing and extensive background investigations are necessary prior to selection therefore this applicant process could require several months to complete. This applicant must also pass Criminal Background Investigation, Drug screening, Psychological screening and medical evaluation by a licensed Physician.
- Age: 21
- Ability to speak clearly and distinctly
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Ability to assess people and situations, to apply sound judgment, to remain calm under stressful conditions and to elicit sufficient and essential information for dispatching and assisting field personnel.
- The employee must be able to obtain certified in CPR, Priority Emergency Medical Dispatch, Emergency Fire Dispatch and Emergency Telecommunicator within 6 months of hire date.
- The employee must be able to be certified with the Division of Criminal Information (DCI/NCIC)
- Must be 21 years of age
- Must be US Citizen
- No Felony Record
- Must be a US Citizen
- NC Driver’s License