911 Telecommunicator III
Burke County Human Resources - Morganton, North Carolina
- Application Deadline:
- 31,110.12 - 48,223.68 annual
To provide all emergency call take and dispatch services through the operations of the Communications Center for the safety of the public. Maintains certifications to work all floor positions including; call take, law, records, fire and emergency medical dispatch and as a Certified Training Officer, mentoring new employees.
- Ability to perform oriented tasks efficiently and accurately in a fast paced, high stress environment.
- Ability to listen, speak and write articulately, clearly, and interact with the public, a diverse workgroup, and emergency staff without confusion.
- Ability to identify basic risks and liability implications.
- Ability to refer common legal issues to supervisory authority.
- Ability to gain an understanding of the current telecommunications organizational structure, policies, procedures, programs, practices, terminology and services.
- Ability to concentrate and evaluate information when handling angry, difficult, hysterical or uncooperative callers.
- Ability to effectively listen with communication equipment.
- Ability to work all shifts including holidays, weekends and mandatory overtime in order to handle the constant workload of the emergency communications center.
- Ability to participate in effective teamwork by being self-motivated, accepting of assignments and by completing assignments within agreed upon deadlines.
- Ability to summarize key individual characteristics, vehicle and property data, and enter the information into the database, (while using correct grammar, spelling and punctuation) for use by co-workers and emergency staff.
- Age: 21
- This position has supervisory responsibilities.
- Must be 21 years of age
- Must be US Citizen
- No Felony Record
- Must be a US Citizen
- CPR, EMD, DCI, ETC, ENP and other certifications may be required