- Age: 18
- Education: High School Diploma
- Experience: 2 years in EMS
• High School Diploma or equivalent (GED)
• At least 18 years of age.
• Must possess a valid Arizona driver’s license by hire date.
• Current EMT-Paramedic certified in AZ or National Registry
• Attend orientation and all phases of testing.
• Must have satisfactory results on a background screening, including fingerprints.
• Must pass health screening.
• Must pass pre-employment drug screening.
• Must meet insurability requirements of the District’s insurance carrier.
• Firefighter 1 & 2 (5 points)
• NWCG Engine Boss (10 points) or FFT2 (5 points) or FFT1 (2 points)
• Instructor 1 (5 points)
• Inspector 1 (5 points)
• Officer 1 or Leadership I, II, and III (5 points)
An orientation will be provided immediately prior to the administration of the tests to provide further information regarding the testing process. The initial testing process will consist of two primary components: a traditional EMS written examination and a physical agility test. The EMS written exam will assess job-related cognitive abilities. The physical agility test will consist of firefighter job related stations and will be timed. Both tests will be a pass/fail scoring.
The testing process will be conducted on Saturday March 31, 2012 at the Arivaca Fire Station, 16091 W Universal Ranch Road, Arivaca, Arizona. Candidates are required to arrive at the testing location no later than 9:30 a.m. to sign-in. Candidates passing both tests will be invited back for an interview during the first week of April.
The Final Eligibility list will be computed based on candidate’s score at the interview as well as the addition of preference points. Preference points will be awarded for Arivaca residents and preferred certifications.
The total possible points are 100.
• Oral interview – up to 50 points
• Preferred qualifications – up to 30 points
• Arivaca residency – 10 points
• Current Arivaca Fire District volunteer in good standing – 10 points
• Written exam – Pass/Fail
• Physical agility – Pass/Fail