Video: Boston EMTs recount delivering, reviving newborn at hospital
They were part of different crews and happened to be at the hospital on separate calls when a woman ran into the ER saying a baby was being born in the parking lot
BOSTON — Two quick-thinking Boston EMS workers snatched a newborn baby from the brink of death early yesterday morning in the parking lot of Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center.
The duo were not even part of the same crew, but happened to be at the hospital on separate calls when a woman ran into the emergency room saying a baby was being born in the parking lot.
EMT Todd Ritch, assigned to A-13 in Jamaica Plain, left his recruit trainees and raced outside, followed by EMT Natalie Grillo, assigned to the nightside shift.
Read full story: Hero EMTs recount delivering, reviving newborn
Join the discussion
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of EMS1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.
EMS1 Top 5
- Why no one will ever understand you like your EMS partner
- From EMS provider to taxi driver: The abuse of the 911 system
- Quiz: How accurately can you triage 10 MCI patients?
- Suit: Ambulance company denied rest breaks to paramedics, EMTs
- Paramedic severely hurt in helicopter crash fired from flight position