Irish extreme swimmer recovers from ordeal
She suffered from hypothermia after swimming in a freezing lake
COUNTY KERRY, Ireland — Wearing thermal gear, she had been in the water of the high mountain lake for 38 minutes and had emerged safely.
However, her support team became concerned and felt she would have been unable to complete the walk down the mountain from Pedlar's Lake at the Conor Pass.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Irish extreme swimmer recovers from ordeal
Join the discussion
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of EMS1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.
EMS1 Top 5
- Why no one will ever understand you like your EMS partner
- From EMS provider to taxi driver: The abuse of the 911 system
- Quiz: How accurately can you triage 10 MCI patients?
- Suit: Ambulance company denied rest breaks to paramedics, EMTs
- Paramedic severely hurt in helicopter crash fired from flight position