Video: 'Ninja' firefighter saves suicidal girl
A quick-acting firefighter was able to push the girl from the 12th floor ledge she threatened to jump from
STAVROPOL, Russia — A quick-thinking firefighter 'kicked' a suicidal girl to safety during a dramatic incident caught on video in Russia.
The clip shows the 16-year-old girl, identified only as Farida by reports, teetering on a ledge on the 12th floor of an apartment building, ready to jump.
Friends and family stood below, yelling "Think about your relatives. Come down, don't do such stupid things!"
A firefighter then swung from overhead, kicking her away from the ledge, long enough for her to be held back by other firefighters.
She was later taken to the hospital. It is believed she had been fighting with her father before she threatened to jump from the building.
Join the discussion
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of EMS1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.
EMS1 Top 5
- Why no one will ever understand you like your EMS partner
- From EMS provider to taxi driver: The abuse of the 911 system
- Quiz: How accurately can you triage 10 MCI patients?
- Suit: Ambulance company denied rest breaks to paramedics, EMTs
- Paramedic severely hurt in helicopter crash fired from flight position