Medic attacked by intoxicated woman at bar
She threw a blood pressure cuff while on a stretcher, and struck a medic on the scene
BOCA RATON, Fla. — A woman at The Dubliner Bar was arrested after striking a paramedic who was trying to help her.
April Gehlhaus was helped onto a stretcher by police, and began yelling that she didn’t want to go with paramedics, the Boca Raton Tribune reports. She threw a blood pressure cuff and hit medic Ellen Beckman.
Police detained Gehlaus and handcuffed her before she was transported to Boca Raton Regional Hospital. She’ll be moved to the county jail once she’s medically cleared.
Police initially responded to a call that she appeared intoxicated and “had thrown up on herself.” She yelled obscenities at an officer before she agreed to be treated and transported by EMS.
Join the discussion
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of EMS1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.
EMS1 Top 5
- Why no one will ever understand you like your EMS partner
- From EMS provider to taxi driver: The abuse of the 911 system
- Quiz: How accurately can you triage 10 MCI patients?
- Suit: Ambulance company denied rest breaks to paramedics, EMTs
- Paramedic severely hurt in helicopter crash fired from flight position