Medic arrest video highlights need to keep cool heads
Sometimes it may be necessary to withdraw from the intensity of the situation
It's a bit frustrating to watch this clip.
It reinforces that video captures only what's happening at the time of the recording.
It's not clear what happened just prior, nor does it suggest the reason as to why the public safety providers got into a tussle on scene.
Unfortunately many people simply jump to conclusions about where to lay "fault" and blame.
Hopefully there was a simple misunderstanding that got compounded with the pushy back and forth.
However, this episode does remind all of us to keep our cooler heads on when the situation abruptly changes.
Sometimes it may be necessary to withdraw from the intensity of the situation so as to defuse the stress involved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of EMS1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.
EMS1 Top 5
- Why no one will ever understand you like your EMS partner
- From EMS provider to taxi driver: The abuse of the 911 system
- Quiz: How accurately can you triage 10 MCI patients?
- Suit: Ambulance company denied rest breaks to paramedics, EMTs
- Paramedic severely hurt in helicopter crash fired from flight position