logo for print

Toddler suffers drug overdose while on walk with parents

The family was walking through a neighborhood when the 1-year-old got hold of a small plastic bag and put it in her mouth


By EMS1 Staff

NEW YORK — A toddler was given naloxone after overdosing while her parents took her for a walk.

NBC New York reported that the 1-year-old found a small plastic bag on the ground while the family was walking through a neighborhood, according to the parents.

The parents said they took the bag from her and cleaned out her mouth, but she began turning green, so they rushed her to the hospital.

The girl was given naloxone at the hospital by emergency room staff. It is unclear what she ingested, and the incident is currently under investigation.

 

  1. Tags
  2. Overdose

Recommended for you

Join the discussion

Copyright © 2017 EMS1.com. All rights reserved.