Firefighter credits first responder sons with saving him
Dave Moore Sr., 57, was at the fire station when he began to feel off
By EMS1 Staff
RESERVE TOWNSHIP, Pa. — When a firefighter went into cardiac arrest, his very own sons were able to help save his life.
Reserve Township volunteer firefighter Dave Moore Sr., 57, was at the fire station when he began to feel off.
His two sons, who are also firefighter-EMTs, rushed to the fire station. With the help of fellow firefighters, they administered oxygen and hooked Moore up to an AED.
“While we were hooking up the heart monitor, he went into cardiac arrest. I began chest compressions and my brother began giving him ventilations,” Mike Moore told Pittsburgh CBS.
Moore was shocked four times and was stable and conscious while being loaded into an ambulance. Moore was transported to the hospital, where he underwent surgery and had three stents put in. He was fully alert and in recovery less than two hours after calling for help.
“We are very fortunate, we feel very, very fortunate to be able to have the success that we did and the outcome that he had,” Moore said.
Perfect example of the "Chain of Survival" being executed flawlessly!Posted by Central Volunteer Fire Company of Elizabeth Township on Wednesday, March 15, 2017
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of EMS1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.