4 Tenn. paramedics hospitalized for possible carbon monoxide poisoning

The paramedics were in an RV at the Bonnaroo Music and Arts Festival when one of them woke up and got help


By EMS1 Staff

MANCHESTER, Tenn. — Four paramedics working at a music festival were transported to the hospital Monday for possible carbon monoxide poisoning.

News Channel 9 reported that the paramedics were in a generator-powered RV when one of them woke up and got help, according to the Coffee County Sheriff’s Office.

Sheriff’s Office spokesperson Lucky Knott said they believe the generator's exhaust became blocked, according to the Kansas City Star.

Three of the paramedics were airlifted, and one was transported to the hospital by ambulance. Their conditions are unknown.

Police added that at least 37 attendees of the festival were hospitalized, and one was found dead on the second day of the festival.

 

Recommended for you

Join the discussion

Copyright © 2018 EMS1.com. All rights reserved.