EMS1's 10 year anniversary: Watch the top 10 most viewed videos
As we reflect on the past 10 years, here's a look at the videos that resonated the most with readers
By EMS1 Staff
Ten years ago, on July 1, 2007, EMS1.com was founded. In celebration of the milestone, we rounded up the 10 most viewed videos.
Below, you'll find that our readers enjoyed lighthearted parodies as well as more educational-based videos to fine tune their skills.
Did we miss one of your favorites? Let us know in the comment section below.
1. Watch: Responders make music video to 'Uptown Funk'
The video includes a firefighter toting a large speaker on a riding lawnmower and a mock patient jamming with crews in the back of an ambulance
2. Remember 2 Things: When to use a nasopharyngeal airway
Steve Whitehead reminds us to always attempt to insert a nasopharyngeal airway when using a bag valve mask, and that it should be used in combination with other airway adjuncts
3. How to map an ECG
See the heart graphically for better ECG interpretation
4. A simplified method for 12-lead ECG electrode placement
This example provides an alternative to the sternal notch placement of electrodes for acquiring a 12-lead ECG
5. Hilarious PSA reminds drivers to 'pull to the right'
A commercial by Tuscaloosa Fire Rescue (Ala.) features drivers doing everything except pulling to the right when there's an emergency vehicle
6. 'Hangover' actor stars in CPR clip
Actor and physician Ken Jeong put on his dancing shoes and a polyester suit for the AHA video
7. Taylor Swift parody highlights ER drug abuse
The fun song "We are never giving drugs in the ER," a parody of "We are never getting back together," points out the seriousness of non-medical abuse of prescription drugs
8. TED Talk: EMT's honest answer to patient who asks 'Am I dying?'
Matthew O’Reilly, a veteran EMT in Long Island, N.Y., describes what happens when he tells a gravely hurt patient he's not going to make it
9. Doctor performs mind blowing cricothyrotomy
Ram Parekh MD, performs a life-saving cricothyrotomy on a post-arrest patient
10. 5 bougie tips for better airway management
Kevin High talks about 5 airway tips for performing an intubation with a bougie. How to position yourself, prepare your equipment, pass the bougie and the tube, and follow-through