Video: Crash victim meets EMTs who saved his life
Air care EMTs came to Ryan Niehoff's rescue after he was seriously injured in a car accident
BROOKVILLE, Ohio — A teenager injured in a roll-over crash is reunited with the heroes who saved his life, the flight crew and EMT's of Air Care. Local 12 News Reporter Angenette Levy was at University Hospital for the happy reunion.
When Air Care flew Ryan Niehoff to University Hospital - he was conscious and talking but there was concern he might have a traumatic brain injury. He was lucky and on Tuesday, he got to meet the people who helped him.
On November 3rd, he feel asleep at the wheel near Brookville while driving home. "I remember waking up when I hit the gravel and started going up on the guardrail I came off and flipped twice. And I didn't have my seat belt on which I should have."
Join the discussion
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of EMS1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.
EMS1 Top 5
- Why no one will ever understand you like your EMS partner
- From EMS provider to taxi driver: The abuse of the 911 system
- Quiz: How accurately can you triage 10 MCI patients?
- Suit: Ambulance company denied rest breaks to paramedics, EMTs
- Paramedic severely hurt in helicopter crash fired from flight position