Make this page my home page
  1. Drag the home icon in this panel and drop it onto the "house icon" in the tool bar for the browser

  2. Select "Yes" from the popup window and you're done!

Home > Topics > Safety
June 02, 2014

EMT stops carbon monoxide poisoning at NY Dunkin Donuts

He was wearing a detector that went off when he entered the coffee shop, and he hustled everyone out

The Associated Press

CARLE PLACE, N.Y. — A Dunkin' Donuts customer looking for a morning cup of coffee was in the right place at the right time with the right equipment.

Authorities say an ambulance technician wearing a carbon monoxide detector entered the store in Carle Place, New York, at around 4 a.m. Friday.

The tech's detector went off, indicating high levels of the poisonous gas.

The technician hustled the employees out of the fast-food joint and notified authorities. An investigation found a vent in one of the ovens was the problem.

Associated PressCopyright 2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.


Carbon monoxide is odorless and colorless, and prolonged exposure can be fatal.

Comments
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of EMS1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.

EMS1 Offers

Sponsored by

We Recommend...

Connect with EMS1

Mobile Apps Facebook Twitter Google+

Get the #1 EMS eNewsletter

Fire Newsletter Sign up for our FREE email roundup of the top news, tips, columns, videos and more, sent 3 times weekly
Enter Email
See Sample

Online Campus Both

Safety Videos