Make this page my home page
  1. Drag the home icon in this panel and drop it onto the "house icon" in the tool bar for the browser

  2. Select "Yes" from the popup window and you're done!

Home > Topics > Safety

Medic hospitalized after ambulance catches fire

The medic complained of difficulty breathing after the blaze was contained

By EMS1 Staff

CLARKESVILLE, Tenn. — A paramedic was hospitalized after an ambulance caught fire in a Tenn. EMS garage.

Two EMS crew members were in the station when the fire broke out Wednesday morning. The blaze started in the ambulance's cab, according to the Leaf Chronicle.

Fire crews arrived and were able to contain the flames within 20 minutes. The ambulance was completely engulfed and charred the inside of the garage bay.

One of the two EMS personnel had to be taken to the hospital after complaining of breathing difficulty.

Comments
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of EMS1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.

EMS1 Offers

Sponsored by

We Recommend...

Connect with EMS1

Mobile Apps Facebook Twitter Google+

Get the #1 EMS eNewsletter

Fire Newsletter Sign up for our FREE email roundup of the top news, tips, columns, videos and more, sent 3 times weekly
Enter Email
See Sample

Online Campus Both

Safety Videos