Home > Topics > Patient Handling

Gurney with dead body flies out of coroner's van on busy street

The driver of the transport vehicle returned to make the transport complete, with the help of a bystander

Levittownnow.com

BUCKS COUNTY, Pa. — Bucks County officials are investigating how a gurney, with what appeared to be a deceased person on it, fell out of  a coroner’s vehicle and ended up on busy Street Road Friday afternoon.

County spokesman Chris Edwards confirmed there is an investigation into the incident, which happened in Lower Southampton around noon yesterday. Jerry Bradley was waiting at the traffic light coming out of the shopping center that holds a Panera Bread and Starbucks when he saw the gurney come out of the green county-owned vehicle and end up in the lane of travel.

“At first I thought someone was pulling a prank, but traffic was just driving around,” Bradley told LevittownNow.com Saturday morning. Bradley said it appeared there was a body in a bag and wrapped in a sheet strapped to the gurney. A photo snapped by the man appears to show just that.

Full story: Gurney with Dead Body Flies Out of Coroner’s Van on Busy Roadway

Comments
Lori Gallich Lori Gallich Monday, July 14, 2014 9:38:40 AM Only in America
Christina Hawley Christina Hawley Monday, July 14, 2014 10:13:25 AM Doubt it.
Matthew Arthur Brown Matthew Arthur Brown Monday, July 14, 2014 10:14:38 AM Bahahahaha.
Jeremy Markham Jeremy Markham Monday, July 14, 2014 1:47:30 PM I am sorry but I am going to admit that I lol'd.
Michael Lockard Michael Lockard Monday, July 14, 2014 3:00:25 PM Oh my........
Rachel Warner Rachel Warner Monday, July 14, 2014 8:13:14 PM You had ONE job.....
Dorothy Sturgess Dorothy Sturgess Monday, July 14, 2014 8:21:10 PM Life , I mean death in the fast lane ?
Kiri M Ransom Kiri M Ransom Tuesday, July 15, 2014 7:32:02 AM HAHA "Hey did you latch that door?" "Dude I thought you latched it!"
Raymond Haring Raymond Haring Tuesday, July 15, 2014 11:15:26 AM It doesn't only happen in the movies.
Jessica Curtis Jessica Curtis Tuesday, July 15, 2014 2:23:40 PM I know a lot of people are laughing, and I'll admits that, yeah it's a little funny, but that body belongs to a family out there, and I can only imagine what horror that family is going through..
Linda Watson-Moore Linda Watson-Moore Tuesday, July 15, 2014 3:09:08 PM Wow that's pretty crazy one more ride down the street !!!
Erika Huntsinger Erika Huntsinger Tuesday, July 15, 2014 3:38:16 PM I feel horrible that I laughed.
Pepper Miller Pepper Miller Tuesday, July 15, 2014 4:56:53 PM I hope they got the refusal form signed.. Before they got out.
Paula Gates Vergara Paula Gates Vergara Tuesday, July 15, 2014 9:16:22 PM wow, so sad, it happens
Joyce Arbogast Joyce Arbogast Wednesday, July 16, 2014 6:33:24 AM Imagine having something like this flying towards your car!
Tim Potvin Tim Potvin Thursday, July 17, 2014 3:20:14 PM Now that is a bad day!
Cynthia Lane Cynthia Lane Tuesday, July 22, 2014 3:42:29 PM Their laughing at the paramedics not the dead body. I'm sure they have remorse for the person, it's just how it happened.
Six Guns Magee Six Guns Magee Wednesday, July 23, 2014 6:45:59 PM Whats the issue,he is just cruising one more time in the slow lane bwahahahaha~
Jane Emory Jane Emory Wednesday, August 20, 2014 12:22:23 PM Are the county coroner's vehicle staffed by Paramedics? I don't think so, a Paramedic rides in an Ambulance.

Patient Handling Videos