Make this page my home page
  1. Drag the home icon in this panel and drop it onto the "house icon" in the tool bar for the browser

  2. Select "Yes" from the popup window and you're done!

Home > Topics > Hazmat
January 17, 2014

Two paramedics hospitalized after inhaling pesticide

They responded to a call for residents not feeling well and then they, too, began feeling lightheaded

WASHINGTON — Two D.C. Fire and EMS paramedics were hospitalized after inhaling a large amount of pesticide while responding to a call for residents not feeling well, NBC Washington reports. 

They, along with the patient they had been treating, were transported to the hospital after they entered the apartment in the Anacostia neighborhood and began feeling lightheaded.

A hazmat crew found a large amount of pest-control chemicals in the building. 

Comments
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of EMS1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.

EMS1 Offers

We Recommend...

Connect with EMS1

Mobile Apps Facebook Twitter Google+

Get the #1 EMS eNewsletter

Fire Newsletter Sign up for our FREE email roundup of the top news, tips, columns, videos and more, sent 3 times weekly
Enter Email
See Sample

Online Campus Both

Hazmat Videos