Hazmat: 12 treated for cinnamon
The Texas facility was evacuated for a hazmat situation after about 12 people had reactions to a large packet of cinnamon that broke open
By Christina Rosales
The Dallas Morning News
DALLAS, Texas — Update, 9:43 a.m.: Officials have determined that the irritant was cinnamon, Farmers Branch spokeswoman Rachel Johnson said.
A large package of the spice burst open, and about 12 people were treated at the scene and the person transported to the hospital has been released.
Original post: Several people were treated for itchy eyes and sore throats at a Farmers Branch recycling plant after an unknown vapor caused an evacuation of the area Thursday morning.
Farmers Branch paramedics responded to Balcones recycling facility on Senlac Drive and treated eight to 10 people, said Farmers Branch spokeswoman Rachel Johnson.
One person was transported to a local hospital.
Irving Fire Department is at the scene trying to track down the irritant that caused the hazmat situation.
Recommended Weird EMS News
Join the discussion
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of EMS1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.