Children hospitalized after drinking bleach at daycare
Someone called 911 after a small amount of bleach was added to a water pitcher for cleaning, then accidentally put in the refrigerator and given to the children
By Cleve R. Wootson Jr
The Charlotte Observer
CHARLOTTE, N.C. — Several children were taken to the hospital on Monday after drinking bleach at a daycare center in Kings Mountain.
Kings Mountain Police say “a very small amount of bleach” was added to a pitcher of water for cleaning purposes at Bolin’s Daycare Center on Ramseur Street. That pitcher was then mistakenly put into the refrigerator. Later, it was distributed to the children.
Someone dialed 911 saying several children has possibly consumed household bleach.
None of the children had serious complications, police said.
Recommended Weird EMS News
Join the discussion
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of EMS1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.