Exploding phone sets fire to boy's bed
Kian McCreath woke up screaming when his brother's BlackBerry erupted into flames
By Martin Bagot
COVENTRY, England — An 11-year-old boy from Coventry suffered burns to his legs when a mobile phone exploded and set fire to his bed.
Kian McCreath, of Holbrooks, woke up screaming when his brother's BlackBerry erupted into flames setting his duvet and mattress alight in the bedroom they share. The Cardinal Newman School pupil had melted plastic stuck to his legs and was put in the bath, before being taken to University Hospital.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Exploding phone sets fire to boy's bed
Recommended Weird EMS News
Join the discussion
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of EMS1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.