EMTs rescue emaciated puppy refused by vet clinic
Two Rural-Metro paramedics found the pit bull puppy lying in the parking lot
BUFFALO, N.Y. — When a Buffalo, N.Y., veterinary clinic reportedly refused to take in a starving puppy found shivering in its parking lot, a local EMT crew came to the dog's rescue. Two Rural-Metro paramedics found the pit bull puppy lying in the parking lot of the Anderson Inner City Animal Hospital on Wednesday, WIVB reports.
"It was, like, 32 degrees outside, and she was skin and bones. If we [had gotten there] seconds later, she would probably would have been frozen to death," EMT Norine Hoch told the television station.
But when Hoch and her partner knocked on the vet's door, they were shocked to have it slammed in their faces, WIVB reports. Refusing to wait for the SPCA, which a worker alleged was on its way, the two wrapped the pup in blankets, and a supervisor rushed her to the local SPCA shelter.