Make this page my home page
  1. Drag the home icon in this panel and drop it onto the "house icon" in the tool bar for the browser

  2. Select "Yes" from the popup window and you're done!

Home > Topics > EMS Heroes
November 09, 2012

Paramedic rescues toddler choking on window blind cord

The mother found the 19-month-old girl hanging unconscious in her bedroom

By Louise Douglas
Scottish Star

LARKHALL, Scotland — A toddler who was seconds from death after getting tangled in a window blind cord was saved because a paramedic was on a call nearby.

Debbie Paterson, 24, found her 19-month-old daughter Eilidh hanging unconscious in the bedroom of her home and rushed to dial 999.

Full story: Paramedic rescues toddler choking on window blind cord

Comments
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of EMS1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.

We Recommend...

Connect with EMS1

Mobile Apps Facebook Twitter Google+

Get the #1 EMS eNewsletter

Fire Newsletter Sign up for our FREE email roundup of the top news, tips, columns, videos and more, sent 3 times weekly
Enter Email
See Sample

Online Campus Both

EMS Heroes Videos