Make this page my home page
  1. Drag the home icon in this panel and drop it onto the "house icon" in the tool bar for the browser

  2. Select "Yes" from the popup window and you're done!

Home > Topics > Community Awareness
August 29, 2014

EMTs on dinner break detect carbon monoxide

About 100 people at an Applebee's were evacuated; several said they felt sick but declined further treatment

Huffington Post

LONG ISLAND, N.Y. Two EMTs having dinner at an Applebee's restaurant on Long Island found themselves suddenly back on the job Tuesday night when their portable carbon monoxide detectors went off.

Justin Gau and Kyle Page told ABC 7 that their detectors went off as they were walking to their seats.

"I made Justin go outside once or twice to reset it to make sure it was functioning before we screwed up everyone's evening," Page told the station.

Read full storyCarbon Monoxide Scare At Applebee's Detected By EMTs On Dinner Break

Comments
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of EMS1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.
Robert Gift Robert Gift Friday, August 29, 2014 7:14:36 PM Well done! Smart to go outside and test for possible malfunction. Ventilation system creating negative air pressure in the building? Water heater combustion products being pulled into the building rather than exhausting up the flue?

We Recommend...

Connect with EMS1

Mobile Apps Facebook Twitter Google+

Get the #1 EMS eNewsletter

Fire Newsletter Sign up for our FREE email roundup of the top news, tips, columns, videos and more, sent 3 times weekly
Enter Email
See Sample

Online Campus Both

Community Awareness Videos