Make this page my home page
  1. Drag the home icon in this panel and drop it onto the "house icon" in the tool bar for the browser

  2. Select "Yes" from the popup window and you're done!

Carbon Monoxide Search Results

RSS

Carbon monoxide sickens responders rescuing suicidal man

- 01/12/2015

By Joseph Serna Los Angeles Times LOS ANGELES — Four Los Angeles police officers and a firefighter were overcome by carbon monoxide early Friday when they rescued a man who was attempting ...


2 hospitalized after carbon monoxide exposure

- 01/06/2015

The Baltimore Sun EDGEWOOD, Md. — Two people inside an Edgewood apartment were hospitalized Sunday night after elevated carbon monoxide levels were found, according to the Joppa-Magnolia ...


Medic's portable CO detector averts tragedy

- 12/18/2014

By Paul Forsyth Niagara This Week NIAGARA FALLS, Ontario — A portable carbon monoxide detector clipped on an equipment bag carried by Niagara paramedics may have saved nine people from ...


81 treated for CO exposure at Wis. ice rink

- 12/15/2014

LAKE DELTON, Wis. – 81 hockey players and spectators received treatment for exposure to carbon monoxide at the Lake Delton indoor ice rink. A Delton (Wis.) Fire Department press release ...


81 treated for CO exposure at Wis. ice rink

- 12/15/2014

Multiple EMS and fire agencies respond to players, spectators reporting headaches, dizziness, vomiting after hockey game


Father, daughter dead from carbon monoxide poisoning

- 12/09/2014

By John Myers Duluth News Tribune RICE LAKE TOWNSHIP, Minn. — Carbon monoxide left no trace Thursday of the tragedy it brought the night before for a Rice Lake Township family, leaving ...


Carbon monoxide inhalation kills 2, sickens 12

- 12/07/2014

Hazmat teams, fire departments, ambulances and a gas company respond to incident; patients transported to 3 hospitals


Carbon monoxide inhalation kills 2, sickens 12

- 12/07/2014

Associated Press PASSAIC, N.J. — Carbon monoxide killed two people in a recording studio at a converted factory building and sickened a dozen others, authorities said. Passaic Mayor ...


EMS crews save firefighters, residents from CO exposure

- 11/04/2014

NEW YORK — EMS crews that responded to a cardiac arrest call behind firefighters averted a disaster after their carbon monoxide meters went off. Firefighters were first on the scene, ...


EMTs on dinner break detect carbon monoxide

- 08/29/2014

Huffington Post LONG ISLAND, N.Y. Two EMTs having dinner at an Applebee's restaurant on Long Island found themselves suddenly back on the job Tuesday night when their portable carbon monoxide ...


Mo. state fair evacuated due to carbon monoxide

- 08/15/2014

By Pat Pratt The Sedalia Democrat, Mo. SEDALIA, Mo. — Missouri State Fair Authorities evacuated the Mathewson Exhibit Center and paramedics transported one individual to Bothwell Regional ...


EMT stops carbon monoxide poisoning at NY Dunkin Donuts

- 06/02/2014

The Associated Press CARLE PLACE, N.Y. — A Dunkin' Donuts customer looking for a morning cup of coffee was in the right place at the right time with the right equipment. Authorities ...


4 kids, 1 adult hospitalized for carbon monoxide poisoning

- 03/20/2014

By Patrick Cloonan and Michael Hasch The Pittsburgh Tribune-Review GLASSPORT, Pa. — Five people -- four of them children -- were hospitalized after being overcome by carbon monoxide ...


13 treated, including 2 EMTs, for carbon monoxide from grill

- 02/25/2014

La Crosse Tribune TOWN OF ARCADIA, Wis. — Authorities on Monday said that 13 people, including five children, two emergency medical technicians and a sheriff’s deputy, were overcome ...


Carbon monoxide leak at NY mall kills 1, sickens 28

- 02/25/2014

Responders at the scene started to feel nauseated, and a faulty pipe was blamed for the leak that killed a restaurant manager


12 Next

Today's Top Stories

Friday, January 30, 2015
  • Medic: I was fired for being gayEMS1 Article Comments26

Line-Of-Duty Deaths

Submit information on fallen EMS providers in your area.

Featured Columnist

James J Augustine

EMS Spotlight

There are many potential areas of infectious exposure for the patient and the EMS provider. An important...