Make this page my home page
  1. Drag the home icon in this panel and drop it onto the "house icon" in the tool bar for the browser

  2. Select "Yes" from the popup window and you're done!

Home > Topics > Carbon Monoxide Screening
November 13, 2012

Family sickened by CO calls 911 'just in time'

Doctors say the family of six could have died had they made the emergency call later

By Pat Reavy
Deseret News

SALT LAKE CITY — A family of six, including three children, was hospitalized Monday for carbon monoxide poisoning. Emergency workers say the family could have died, but dialed 911 "just in time." For emergency room doctors, carbon monoxide cases are all too common each winter.

For the past couple of days, residents at 457 E. Redondo Ave. (2015 South) in Salt Lake City had been feeling sick. Family members had been experiencing headaches, nausea, and feeling lethargic.

Full story: Family sickened by CO calls 911 'just in time'

Comments
The comments below are member-generated and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of EMS1.com or its staff. If you cannot see comments, try disabling privacy and ad blocking plugins in your browser. All comments must comply with our Member Commenting Policy.
No comments

EMS1 Offers

Sponsored by

We Recommend...

Connect with EMS1

Mobile Apps Facebook Twitter Google+

Get the #1 EMS eNewsletter

Fire Newsletter Sign up for our FREE email roundup of the top news, tips, columns, videos and more, sent 3 times weekly
Enter Email
See Sample

Online Campus Both

Carbon Monoxide Screening Videos